Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Next Stop: Life Long Dream


There are only about 50 days left to the beginning of the foreign exchange year and I'm really excited. This year's always been a life long dream for me and I worked hard to make it happen. But as closer the year gets my feelings are mixed. First and foremost just excitement but there's also fear and many questions I ask myself: 'Is it possible to leave my friends and family home for ten months? Will my friends still be there when I'm back after these long ten months? Does this much money we spend for it worth it?' The answers I get are always the same: 'Yes, I can do it! My friends are the best in the whole wide world, so they are waiting for me! I can make it worth it!' And those people who let me think like that are these awesome people I already got to know from Globe, AZ. The first time I was talking to my host mother I had good feelings, because she is an awesome woman and I'm glad to stay at her house for so long. After the E-Mailing with my host mother I got really curious and I was searching for students who are going to Globe High School. After awhile I was searching I found this one girl named "Ti". She was standing next to her boyfriend and both were closing their eyes and had a bright smile upon their faces in her picture. The smile upon their faces put a smile upon my face, so I decided to write her a message. She is simply awesome! We share many things in common. For example fashion. I pretty much enjoy to talk with her about this topic. This has been on 4th February. Today four months later I got to know plenty awesome people from Globe. About one week later I received a message from the daughter of my host mother - my host sister. I'm glad I got to know her! She is such a nice woman. After awhile on facebook I noticed how close she is to the friends of her children. Now, this is what you can call a perfect mother. Through her I got to know her Son. I've already been talking to him via 'skype'. I call him "J". He is such a funny person and I appreciate that he's talking to me via 'skype' and that he keeps being patient with my English. The next person I got to  know was "Ash". Each time I think about her I have to smile. She is such a cheerful person just like I am and she is sooo funny. I got to know more and more people from Globe and on one day I got to know a girl named "Becky". If there is a stronger girl on earth than her I probably wouldn't believe it. I'm so glad I got to know her. The way she's giving love to her son is the definition of a perfect mother! There are so many other great persons from Globe... 

Now after writing this long text, I feel so good. Can't this exchange year just begin...? Let's goooooo! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment